* Sloppiness - "The biggest mistake job seekers make: They are sloppy. They pay poor attention to detail. They are lazy!"
* Summaries that are too long - Summaries are annoying when they are written in a formal tone and include too many adjectives,
* Starting a bullet point with 'Responsible for' - This is another "lazy thing" that she has seen too many times on résumés.
* Too many buzzwords - Résumé jargon such as "out-of-the-box," "team player," and "exceptional communicator" are "baseline expectations in today's market," Nicolai says.
* Being too formal - Finally, she says that she finds overly formal résumés annoying because they're not engaging and don't allow the reader to get a good sense of the applicant's personality.